Programmers and Developers
We build and maintain lasting relationships with many mainframe and mid-range technical professionals who possess a solid understanding of the banking industry. Then we match those individuals with clients and their projects. The Milestone support team goes the extra step to be certain that the client’s exact needs are identified before we match the most suited Milestone resource to that need.
The resource management team at Milestone is comprised of senior level, industry experts. Our staff can immediately recognize “talent” when we talk with candidates because we have been in those shoes.
The strength of our technical staff is derived through their individual skill sets.
Mainframe Developers & Programmers
- Cobol, ASM / BAL
- Information security – definition & creation – RACF etc.
- JCL creation (daily, weekly, monthly etc.).
- Dataset /environment naming conventions.
- CA7/scheduler configuration.
- JCL/Job re-start standards.
- JCL/Job design for disaster recovery daily / monthly archival and periodic testing standards
- Batch and online environment design – unit through user acceptance.
- Define day 0, day 1 implementation scripts.
- Define the back out contingency process.
- Post implementation support.
- Report viewer toolkit standards.
- Performance baselining and tuning (VSAM, CICS, batch and DB2).
- Confirm and substantiate the application/process phase 0 results and schedule and develop the application/process execution timeline accordingly.
- Provide a single POC for task execution within the group as well as reporting to the organization level and beyond.
- Create and maintain the “Execution Template”.
You know that technology constantly changes and that you rely on us to stay abreast of the most current and efficient development strategies in use today.
Many of our larger clients are continuously refining their delivery and execution teams by deploying some of the latest methodologies like Agile/Scrum and Six Sigma. We are very aware of these trends in the industry and we work diligently with our associates to be current with the latest methods and practices.
If you have not yet have made a commitment to adopt some of the newer methodologies across your organization, we are well equipped to work with “waterfall” and other traditional methodologies.
When you are ready, we will guide and advise you on the best ways to begin adoption of new methodologies and practices. We can share knowledge and experience gained from our many years in banking and experience with our larger clients.
Email us now to find out the steps involved in updating your development strategies and why that is important.